Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New York to VT

We left Gettysburg yesterday and traveled about 283 miles to Deer Haven Campground in Oneonta NY. It is run by a nice young couple who have twin 4 year olds. It is a great campground, but you almost get a nose bleed going up to the top. It is a very very steep drive up a gravel road. You can't really tell by the picture, but Janice is only about a third of the way down the hill.
I put the RV in first and it still lumbered up the hill. This was the first cool night I have had since last year. We were able to sleep with the windows open.

THE HILL


MY SITE


We left about 9:15 for the shorter ride to VT. It may have been shorter in miles, but with all the construction, not so much. The mountains in VT are beautiful, but we have had a few 9% grades that can scare the daylights out of you. I was coming down one of them and this is what crossed the road in front of me.

MOOSE

We told the KOA worker about the moose. She said she had lived here 4 years and still hadn't seen a moose so I guess we were pretty lucky to see one.

You know me, if there wasn't a problem, it would not be a normal day for me. I told you we had very rough roads, well, I went to put the step out when we stopped and it would not go out all the way. I looked underneath and it looks like the piece of metal that pushes the step out and brings it back is completely sheared off and hanging down. If I ever get these jacks fixed that is another thing I will have to add to the list.

We got settled in and went to Basketville to the store there. They certainly have beautiful home-made baskets. Janice took a picture of these animals made of basket materials. Pretty cool.

LION BASKET


MORE ANIMALS


Until next time.................

2 comments: