Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Monday, July 5, 2010

FMCA North East Rally

More on the STEP SAGA. Before leaving Brattleboro to come to Essex Jct. VT, I called an RV service person. He advised me to bungee the steps for travel so they would not swing out and clobber some unsuspecting hiker or biker. He said he would take a look at them to see if he had the parts needed to fix them and set up an appointment to get the work done. I have been backing out of the rig and putting my toes into the stairs, then stepping down on a step stool. It is kind of like putting your foot in a stirrup, anyway, I am sure I present quite the picture of a dignified exit to my coach.... but it works for now. Maggie does not like to go up the steps as they move slightly. We arrived in Burlington RV Service Center and the nice man said they can be fixed. He admired my bungee strapped expertise......and said "someone finally listened to me". They will be able to fix them, Yea team, but they are closed on Monday.

We arrived at the rally site and the parking volunteers seem to be old hands at this and very efficient. We were parked in record time.....no muss, no fuss. Everyone has water and 30 amp electric. You can also sign up for the gray water to be dumped. I have enjoyed meeting all the people. I have a first-timers ribbon on my badge and I think people go out of there way to welcome you. I especially enjoyed the seminar on General RV Maintenance. It was more a preventative class which is wonderful. I don't think it would have prevented all the weird things that have happened to me in the last couple of years, but maybe it will prevent other problems. It was supposed to be 1 1/2 hours and it lasted 2 1/2 hours. Lots of questions. I also went to a seminar on RV restoration. They were giving away a 26 inch flat screen TV but you had to be present to win. Janice had decided not to go because she does not have an RV. You guessed it, her name was the first to be pulled. She was not a happy camper. They have also had some fun entertainment in the evenings.

RALLY PARKING (There were about 485 rigs here)


This 40 year old rig is across from me. The couple is from Canada and she told me they have had it painted. Looks so cool. They have 7 foot ceilings inside, but no outside storage bins.


I was walking Maggie and heard a whooshing sound, looked over and saw this beautiful balloon. Very Cool and for the 4th of July too.
4TH OF JULY BALLOON


This picture is special for my RV Women's Forum TX sisters. This mascot was from a PA group. Meet Penny.


We also sat on the hill and watch the fireworks. Met a really nice couple from Cape Cod. I tried to take pictures of the fireworks, but a photographer...I'm not. Always pushed the button to late and got black sky.

Today we took a ride to Burlington and surrounding areas. We really didn't have a plan so ended up crossing a body of water and found out we were on an island, called Grand Isle. Stopped at a cute tourist shop and got to pose with this guy.

STUFFED MOOSE (now I don't want any of you wise crackers asking which one is the Moose)


We took off again and eventually found the road that was close to Lake Champlain and had lunch there.

LIGHTHOUSE ON LAKE CHAMPLAIN


Until next time............

1 comment:

  1. Looks like great fun! Can't wait until we are on the road too

    ReplyDelete