Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Thursday, July 8, 2010

VT to Maine

The best news is that the steps are fixed. While the RV tech was fixing them, he asked if I knew why there was an odd wire attached to the steps. The only thing I could think of was when Camping World had motorized my awning. They were messing around down there. The tech said, yup, that is what it is. It should not have been put there, was the wrong size wire, and should have been attached to the extra fuse provided on the coach. He fixed that too and just under $500. later, I was on my way.
We stopped in Queeche VT. This is the site of VT's "Grand Canyon". The drop from the bridge is 163 feet. This canyon is filled with lush trees. Very pretty.
QUEECHE GORGE


We also went over this charming covered bridge to get to Sugarbush Farms.



The farm is family owned and was established in 1945. They tap their own maple trees and have a sugar house. They also make their own cheese and let you walk through their cutting/packaging rooms. The samples were wonderful.
One of the women cut the 40 lb blocks of cheese into the smaller bars.
CHEESE CUTTING AREA



This lady wraps each by hand in foil making sure it is sealed tight.
FOIL AREA


The next lady dips the foiled cheese in several layers of color coated wax. She said this process allows you to keep the cheese unrefrigerated until you cut into the cheese.
HAND DIPPING


I love animals, so I could not resist petting this little guy who was just 3 weeks old.



We left VT this morning at 8:45 and didn't arrive at our destination outside of Bangor until almost 4pm. A very long day of driving for me. Glad to be here!. It is a super campground with very nice staff. And the best part is that it is level.....Still have not had my jacks fixed but things are looking up. I called an RV service place in St. Clair MI and he says he can fix them when I get there. I can only hope......until next time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment