Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Maine to NY

Two days ago we left Maine and made it as far as Richfield Springs NY. I almost had to sell Janice to pay for the tolls. I think we have paid enough tolls to pave most of New England. On the way, we noticed that the cornice holding my front drapery was really loose, and the more we traveled the looser it became. I told Janice that if it fell off and knocked me unconscious it was her job to jump over and steer the RV to safety. Scary thought as she has never driven the RV!
Janice took this picture while I was driving. We figured this guy really was prepared. Check out the back of his RV


I asked at the KOA if they had any of those "thingys" you put in the wall that open when a screw is inserted. Mike, the owner asked to take a look at the problem and he fixed it right then and there. What a great guy. RVers are always so helpful. Later, I was able to capture this fantastic sunset shot.

The next day we were off to Niagara Falls. Just outside of Rochester, we had a thunderstorm and the driving was pretty rough. I usually don't mind driving in the rain, but wind is another matter and it was really whipping. Last year my slide awning was pulled right out of the slide by a gust of wind. The wind almost knocked me off the road. Now I watch the trees to see how bad the wind really is. We heard later that Rochester even had hail but luckily, we were just ahead of it.
This park is behind a small motel, but it is really nice. They have paved sites, trees and grass for Maggie to play on, and the owners are very helpful. We have arranged a tour to pick us up at the RV Park on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment