Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SC to VA


Today is a traveling day. Maggie and I got up at 7, had a nice breakfast and a longer dog walk to make up for the travel to come. Weather is beautiful with white puffy clouds. We left SC at 8:45 and topped off the gas tank. A mere $88. Onward! The one thing you notice about NC as soon as you cross over the state line is the blankets of yellow and orange day lilies planted along the highway. Just Beautiful. My Tom Tom does get me in some difficult situations. I was on 501 going through Durham, when what do I see before me, but a 11'4" train bridge to go under. NOT. My rig is 11'8". Lucky for me there was a road to the right just before the bridge. You know, you can not back up when you tow a car. I figured if I could work my way around it, I would eventually wind up back on 501 and wonder of wonders, there it was in front of me. Crisis averted. I love the Thousand Trail Parks but they are always in the back of beyond. Of course, my Tom Tom wanted me to cut across a field telling me I had reached my destination. It was still at least 10 miles down a country road. They have a lovely pool that is beside a lake. It is quite hilly and gravel, but I found a fairly flat spot and am all hooked up. I am having trouble finding a satellite for the direct TV and I may have to call them if I get desperate but I am a reader and since I got my Kindle, I am set. I am reading Killer Cruise, by Laura Levine. She has a humorous way of writing that is a nice change of pace. I will go exploring tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment