Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Monday, September 1, 2014

Packing light

It has been quite awhile since I last posted. I have been preparing for some time and Iam getting really excited about our next trip. My son Mike and I are leaving this week for vacation in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, so I will keep you posted as we go. We travel light, like Rick Steve says. Only what can be carried on. I am getting too old for a back pack, so I choose to take a wheeled carry-on and a day bag that I keep all the essentials in. It will be a little cooler there, HA! just about anywhere is cooler than here. I am taking clothing that I can layer if I get cold. I am probably still taking too much for a 2 week trip, but I will list out what I plan to pack. Clothing in the rolling suitcase consists of 3 long sleeve shirts, 3 short sleeve shirts, one pair long pants, underwear (3 changes) pajamas, raincoat with hood. I will skip the umbrella. Also toiletries, and a small first aid kit, (I know, I know, but it is the nurse in me.) In the day bag along with my medications, I-pad and pod, camera I have a light sweater and a scarf called a pashima that can double as a blanket, be wadded is up for a pillow and a whole bunch of other uses. Mike found something neat, called a flight pack. You can hook it on the seat in front of you to keep things you want to be able to get at without digging through your stuff. I have eye shades, ear plugs, toothwisps that come with toothpaste already for the quick brush up before deplaning. No need for water with these handy gadgets. I also carry sanitizing wipes to do the tray table and any other area I may touch. No sense picking up a cold before we even get started. This is a picture of the roll on suitcase packed
This is the stuff that goes in the day bag
By the way, the airlines allows 40# carry on and mine is less than 25. I may still take something out. They say you should lay everything out you plan to take, then put half back. I have already done that once, but........

No comments:

Post a Comment