Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Sunday, August 15, 2010

More of Mackinaw City

I went to town yesterday searching for the laundramat. The park doesn't have a laundry because of waste water restrictions. I ended up on the far side nearest the bridge. They have a fort and a lighthouse. Did not go in the fort as it was soooo hot. I did take some pictures of the lighthouse, water and bridge. The lighthouse was commissioned in 1889.





This spot, was one of the most hazardous spots for ships making the turn through the straits. On the left side of the strait is Lake Michigan and on the right is Lake Huron. The lighthouse lasted until 1957. It became unnecessary because of the lights of the bridge. I know, you are probably sick of seeing the bridge, but it is just so amazing, I can't help myself.



I spotted this ship and wondered who was on it and where were they going. Could start a great story line if I was a writer, but alas, I am a reader not a writer.

Sailing ship enjoying a beautiful but hot day on Lake Huron.



I went in and out the shops in town, but did not buy anything. I even resisted the fudge shops. I came back to the wonderful A/C in the MH, took a happy nap, and read. Such an exciting life! Until next time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment