Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dinner in Frankenmuth

I can hardly walk I am so full and I brought back more than half. I had dinner this evening at the Bavarian Inn in downtown Frankenmuth. I decided to go with the Frankenmuth combination dinner. The main plate was sauerbraten, weinerschnitzel, German chicken and potato cakes. To that, the waitress brought side dishes: chicken noodle soup, cucumber salad, coleslaw, cranberry relish, and pasta salad. I thought she was done, when she brought out: buttered noodles, stuffing, green beans with almonds, sauerkraut and gravy. Unbelievable. Those who know me well, no I do not eat mayonnaise, so the coleslaw, cucumber and pasta salad were returned. It was so much food, I just had to take a picture of it. Oh an did I mention they had a plastic box filled with homemade bread. I will have enough leftovers to eat 2 more days.



The Bavarian Inn is one of the ten largest restaurants in the country.


It is so pretty inside with painted murals on the walls.



When I came outside again, they had a beer garden set up with a band playing German folk songs. This is one of the street lights with hanging baskets of flowers.

1 comment:

  1. We got full just looking at all that food!!

    Looks like a great place to spend some time. It is now on our bucket list. Thanks for sharing.

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete