Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

Friday, August 26, 2011

Blue Ridge Parkway


BEAUTIFUL BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS NORTH CAROLINA

Yesterday we took a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The weather was warm and clear. We headed West toward Pisgah National Forest. The mountains seem to go on for ever. I was hoping to see a little color, the higher we went, but it is still to early. We did see this tree with bright orange berries but I don't know what it is named. If anybody knows, please comment.

The berries almost looked like miniture tomatoes, but very orange. I have not seen, what I used to call "Black Eyed Susans" in FL so I could not resist taking a picture.

More pictures of the mountains


On the way back down, we stopped at a Fish Hatchery and Nature center. They breed trout. They also have a very nice nature exhibit with plants to attract butterflies.


Looking glass falls is one of the best waterfalls I have seen.

Lastly we stopped at Sliding Rock. The river has polished the rocks smooth and the current will slide you along on your bottom. I remember going down this about 20 years ago and the water was darn cold even in Aug.

The bee had climbed almost all the way into this flower. Cool.

Until next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment